Today, there are many establishments dedicated to the hospitality industry that have pets inside the premises. Certainly, it is becoming to be more popular in European countries like Spain or the United Kingdom, although the most famous pet cafes are in Tokyo.
The appearance of this type of cafes is related to the strict code of conduct that Japan demands from its citizens. Apartment owners do not allow their tenants to have pets for a proper life.
For this reason, they decided to create pet establishments that offer the possibility of interacting with animals while customers relax with a drink or snack.
Tokyo’s Animal Cafes
Next, we recommend you some good cafes:
- Mame Shiba: this cafe is famous for its dogs of breed Shiba Inu. The entrance fee is 880 yen which includes being able to be with the dogs for 30 minutes and a drink.
- Tokyo Snake Center: this cafe allows you to share a table with a snake. The price is 1000 yen per person and includes drinks, snacks and choose one of the snakes.
- Penguin Bar Ikebukuro: inside this local you can enjoy your drink watching little penguins.
- Cat cafe Nekorobi: this place is one of the best cafes for cat lovers. The entrance costs 1300 yen and includes a drink.
- Sra. Bunny: this cafe has a dozen bunnies and some hedgehogs. The entrance is about 1000 yen for 30 minutes.
Owl Cafe & Bar Owl Village: in this cafe you can play, watch and relax with owls.
Finally, there are a lot of cafes with animals in Tokyo, but this business model is expanding around the world. In this article, we have named you the most famous pet cafes in Tokyo, but who says that in a few months they will not be those from another country.
We recommend you to travel to Japan and discover these peculiar establishments very different from the rest of cultures. In case you are planning your trip, you will need to apply for japanese visa to enter the country from 2020.