Requirements for a tourist eVisa in Japan
Japan has visa waiver agreements with 68 countries, and all of these may apply for an eVisa to get into the country. Travellers from several countries in Latin America, Africa and Asia as well as from many countries of the former Soviet Union require a travel visa for Japan. In Japan, there are some entry regulations that must be taken into account when planning a trip to the country.
Foreign visitors who require a visa to travel to Japan must meet the following requirements for tourist visas in Japan.
- A valid passport with a validity of at least 6 months and 2 blank pages.
- A completed and signed visa application form
- A current photo, size 4.5 x 4.5 cm, in colour and on a white background.
- An official birth certificate or a certified copy.
- If the traveller is married, a marriage certificate issued within one year must be presented.
- Timetables and travel plans in Japan.
Visitors who are required to apply for a visa to Japan must ensure that they meet all requirements. It is essential to have a valid passport and complete the visa application form exactly as it appears on the passport.
Entry requirements for citizens of visa-free countries in Japan require travelers to have a valid passport for the intended period of stay.
Other conditions for visiting Japan
Foreign travellers must consider additional visa requirements for Japan when applying for a Japanese mission.
Some travelers have a sponsor or guarantor who will support the E-Visa application for Japan. A sponsor is a person who, under the terms of the visa, assumes the cost of the person applying for a visa.
If the traveler does not have a sponsor or guarantor for his or her trip to Japan, he or she must demonstrate that he or she can meet the cost of his or her stay. You must submit the following:
- Bank Certificate issued within the last 3 months.
- Applicant’s tax return.
In the event that the traveler has a sponsor or guarantor, the following is required:
- A letter of guarantee explaining the relationship between the traveler and the sponsor, and information about the sponsor or guarantor.
- Proof of relationship with guarantor.
- Bank certificate and tax return of the guarantor or guarantor.
Note: If you have questions or requests for information about applying for a tourist visa to Japan, you should contact the Japanese embassy or consulate.