Japanese Electronic Visa Application
For the visa application form for Japan, travelers must provide some important information.
Foreign visitors must provide the following information in the application:
- Name and surname appearing on the passport.
- Date and place of birth.
- Gender and marital status.
- Citizenship and former or other citizenship.
- Passport details, including passport type, passport number, date of issue and expiry date.
- Purpose of the visit.
- Planned stay in Japan.
- Date of arrival in Japan.
- Port of entry and carrier.
- The names and addresses of the hotels or persons in which the applicant intends to stay.
Foreign travelers who complete the visa application form for Japan must answer a number of security questions, among others.
Questions to answer during the Japan eVisa registration:
- Has the petitioner been convicted of a crime or misdemeanor in a country?
- Has the applicant been sentenced to one year or more in any country?
- Was the applicant expelled from Japan or a country for exceeding the validity of his/her visa or for violating the law?
- Has the applicant been convicted of drug offenses in a country in violation of the Narcotics, Marijuana, Opium, Stimulants or Psychotropic Substances Act?
- Has the applicant engaged in prostitution, mediation or incitement to provide a prostitute on behalf of a third party, the provision of a place of prostitution or other activities directly related to prostitution?
- Is it trafficking in human beings or inciting or assisting another person to commit such an offence?
If a candidate answers these questions in the affirmative, he or she should provide relevant details of his or her situation.
As with other legal requests, travelers must respond honestly to each section of the Japan visa application form. The information must be correct and accurate. Applicants are requested to review their application and documentation before sending it to the nearest Japanese Embassy.
How can I obtain a visa for Japan?
If you are a foreign visitor and would be visiting Japan for a short period of time and are not participating in paid or unpaid work, you can apply for a temporary visitor visa also called a Japanese tourist visa.
With a tourist visa for Japan, the holder can participate in the trip, visit family or friends, have a wedding, attend business meetings, etc. To obtain a tourist visa in Japan, it must be applied for at a Japanese embassy or consulate.
Citizens of countries with which Japan has signed a visa waiver agreement only need a valid passport to enter Japan. Japanese authorities reserve the right to deny entry to travelers.
To obtain a visa for Japan, nationals of countries without a visa waiver agreement must complete the Japan visa form with their personal details as they appear on their passports. Additional documents, such as an official birth certificate, are required. Other visa requirements of Japan are:
- A recent photo, 4.5 x 4.5 cm, in color and on a white background.
- If the traveler is married, he or she must present a marriage certificate issued within one year.
- Timetables and travel plans in Japan.
- Bank certificate issued in the last 3 months.
- Applicant’s tax return.
If the traveler has a sponsor or guarantor, the following must be indicated:
- A warranty statement that explains the relationship between the traveler and the sponsor and includes information about the sponsor or guarantor.
- Proof of Relationship to Sponsor.
- Bank certificate and sponsor’s/guarantor’s income tax return.