Shoyu Ramen is a noodle soup with a tasty broth that uses soy sauce as the basis of its flavour. Anyway, each region of Japan cooks ramen in a different way. Next, we explain to you an easy recipe.
Shoyu Ramen – Noodle soup
- 1 packet of chuka noodles.
- 1 finely chopped garlic.
- 1 teaspoon of fresh ginger.
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil.
- 2 cups of chicken broth (see recipe below).
- 1 cup of dashi broth (see recipe below).
- 1 teaspoon of sake.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- 3 teaspoons of soy sauce.
- 1 leaf of nori.
- Chinese spring onion (finely chopped).
Also, we recommend adding some toppings: Soya shoots (blanched 15 seconds), Nibuta or chasu and Ajitsuke tamago. However, you can choose if you want to add these ingredients.
1. Firstly, heat the sesame oil in a deep casserole dish. Sauté the cut ginger and garlic in the casserole. Then, lower the heat and remove the ginger and garlic.
2. On the other hand, add the chicken soup and dashi broth to the casserole and bring to a boil.
3. Also, add sugar, salt, sake, and soy sauce to soup.
4. In the meantime, boil water in a large saucepan. Add noodles to boiling water and cook for a few minutes or according to package directions. Leave them al dente.
5. After that, serve soup very hot in individual bowls.
6. Above all, drain the noodles well and serve them inside the bowls with the soup very hot.
7. Finally, put as a topping over the soup with noodles, a square of nori seaweed on one side, the finely chopped spring onion and a little pepper. Place the nibuta, the soy sprouts and the ajitsuke tamago to taste, sink them a little to warm them.
Next, you will find the chicken broth and dashi broth recipes. We recommend you the recipes but if you want you can buy the product cooked.
Preparation for 3 litres of homemade chicken broth
- 1 or 2 chicken carcasses.
- 1 piece of chicken.
- 1 onion.
- 1 leek.
- 1 apple.
- 1/2 head of garlic.
- Various slices of fresh ginger.
Firstly, you have to blanch the carcasses and the hen by boiling them in water for five minutes, draining and cleaning them under cold water. Then, add about 4 liters of clean water in a deep pot and cook all the ingredients together including the chopped vegetables 1h and 1/2 in an express pot or minimum 3h in a normal pot. Certainly, the ideal time is 6 hours over low heat. Finally, remove excess fat with a skimmer. Then, you can strain the broth and set aside.
Preparation for 1.5 litres of homemade dashi broth
- 30g of kombu.
- 40g of katsuobushi seaweed (dried bonito).
Firstly, clean the kombu seaweed with a wet cloth to remove the white powder on top. Then, put 1.5 liters of water in a deep pot, add the kombu seaweed and let it macerate for half an hour. After that, you have to light the fire at half power and when it comes to a boil remove the kombu seaweed. Loosen the fire to stop cooking and add the katsuobushi. Importantly, turn off the heat before it boils and let it rest for a while. Finally, strain the whole broth with a sieve and a rag or a Chinese sieve.
In conclusion, this is a recipe that you can cook in an easy and quick way.
We hope you enjoy preparing this amazing recipe!